Fleas are one of the biggest enemies of your pet. Isn’t only that their bites can cause discomfort to your pet but also they can produce different diseases. You can use various powders and chemicals from pet shops but you can try also some natural remedies.
Here are some solutions to get rid of fleas:
1. The first step is to place in the middle of the room a plate full of water and pour 5 ml of dishwashing liquid. Mix and then place a burning scented candle in the middle of the plate. The light will attract fleas that will fall into the water with liquid detergent.
2. Mix 4 liters of vinegar, 2 liters of water, 2 cups of lemon juice and 1 cup of witches hazelnut essential oil. Put this solution in spray bottle and spray all over the room. It’s indicated to vacuum first and to wash the linens and other textiles that can serve as a flea refuge.
3. Sprinkle salt over the carpets and rugs in the house. Leave the salt for 12 hours then vacuum.
4. Rosemary keep fleas away and can be used for this purpose such as oil and powder. Pour a few drops of rosemary oil at the base of the dog’s neck or wash it in rosemary water.
5. Cut a lemon into slices and put it in a pot with water to boil. After it simmers, remove the pot from the stove and cover it. Leave it overnight to cool. Wash your pet with this solution.
6. Mix one cup of white vinegar to 1 liter of water, then add 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and spray your pet’s fur but be careful with its eyes and ears. You can also use a cloth soaked in this solution and rub its fur.
Image Credits: Instructables