Surely it happened at least once in your life to stain your shirt and no longer wear it. Of course you can get rid of the stain with different chemicals but if you’re not a fan of these products there are several effective cleaning tricks to get rid of this problem.
How to clean oil/grease stains from fabrics with natural products:
– Fresh grease stains on fabric can be easily removed if you add toothpaste over the stain and rub gently. Then let the toothpaste to act for a few minutes and wash it as usual with water and detergent.
– Flour or starch helps you get rid of grease stains on fabrics if you apply immediately. Cover the stain with flour / starch and leave to act for 15-20 minutes.
– An equally effective solution is to apply talcum powder or salt over the oil/grease stain.
– Another solution for old oil stains on whites is to dissolve 4 tablespoons of salt and 4 tablespoons of ammonia in a bowl with 250 ml warm water. Apply the obtained solution over the stain and rub well with a cotton cloth or sponge.
– Well, also you can try to remove grease/oil stains on fabric with a solution of one cup of warm water, shaving cream and ammonia. Dab the stain with a cloth soaked in the obtained solution until the stain disappear then wash it normally.
Image Credits: Thekitchn